|Amitabh Bachchan Bio/Wiki|
|Full Name||Amitabh Harivansh Rai Shrivastava|
|Also Known As||Big B, AB Sr., Shahenshah, Amit|
|Profession||Actor, Producer, TV host, Politician|
|Net Worth||₹1000 Crores|
|Marital Status||Married(3 June 1973)|
|Height (approx)||in Feet Inches- 6’ 1”
in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
|Weight (approx)||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176 lbs
|Hair Color||Grey and Black|
|Born||11 October 1942|
|Birthplace||Allahabad, United Provinces, British India (now, Uttar Pradesh, India)|
|Hometown||Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh|
B/2, Kapol Housing Society,
VL Mehta Road, Juhu, Mumbai – 400049, Maharashtra, India
|Hobbies||Singing, Blogging, Reading|
|School(s)||Jnana Pramodhini, Boys High School, Allahabad
Sherwood College, Nainital, India
|College||Kirori Mal College, New Delhi, India|
|Educational Qualification||B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science)|
|Debut||Film- Saat Hindustani (1969)|
|Tv Debut||Kaun Banega Crorepati (2000)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Parveen Babi (Actress)
Jaya Bhaduri (Former Actress, Indian Politician)
|Wife||Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan|
|Parents||Harivansh Rai Bachchan (Father, Poet)
Teji Bachchan (Mother)
|Siblings||Ajitabh Bachchan (brother)|
|Children||Abhishek Bachchan (son)
Shweta Bachchan Nanda (daughter)
|Controversies||He had to face legal lawsuit for organising Miss World competition inappropriately.
He was charged for submitting false documents as a farmer.
His was surrounded with controversies when his name appeared in Bofors scandal but later was declared not guilty.
|Cars & Bikes|
|Cars||Bentley Continental GT
Lexus LX 470
Bentley Arnage R
Range Rover SUV
Rolls Royce Phantom
Mercedes-Benz SL 500 AMG
Porche Cayman S
Mercedes Benz E240
Mercedes Benz S600
Mercedes Benz S320
Toyota Land Cruiser
|Food||Bhindi Sabzi, Jalebi, Kheer, Gulab Jamun|
- Amitabh Bachchan is an Indian film actor, producer, and TV personality And is best known for his work in movies like Zanjeer (1973), Deewaar (1975), Sholay (1975), Shahenshah, Baghban (2003), Great Gatsby, Black (2005), Don (1978), Agneepath (1990), Abhimaan (1973), Anand (1971), pink (2016), Sarkar (2005), Amar Akbar Anthony (1977), Satte Pe Satta (1982), Muqaddar Ka Sikandar (1978), Namak Haram (1973), Te3n (2016) and many more.
- He is most widely recognized as “Shahenshah of Bollywood”.
- He has done over 190 Bollywood movies spanning over 5 decades.
- The Indian government honored him with Padma Shri in 1984, the Padma Bhushan in 2001 and Padma Vibhushan in 2015 for his contribution to the Indian cinema.
- The Government of France honorarium with its highest civilian honor, Knight of the Legion of Honour in 2007.
- He was born to the famous Indian poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan and his mother Teji Bachchan.
- When Amitabh was young he wanted to become an engineer and was very keen to join the Indian Air Force.
- Very little people know that Amitabh made his film debut as a voice narrator before his acting debut in Saat Hindustani in an award-winning National Film “Bhuvan shome” in 1969 by Mrinal Sen.
- He was a good athlete in his college days and a boxing champion when he was in Sherwood in Nainital.
- He got popular and Rose to stardom after his film Zanjeer (1973) by Prakash Mehra in which he played the role of Inspector Vijay Khanna. This film gave him the title of “angry young man” and his performance in this film is considered one of the most iconic performances in the history of Bollywood.
- Amitabh can write with both of his hands.
- He was the first living Asian whose statue was modeled at the London’s Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in June 2000.
- When his movie Insaniyat (1994) failed at the box office, he didn’t appear in any of the films for 5 years.
- Amitabh Bachchan was appointed as the UNICEF Ambassador for the hepatitis B awareness campaign.
- Amitabh Bachchan was born in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh on 11 October 1942 in British Raj India.
- His ancestors on his father’s side were from a village called Babupatti in Pratapgarh district, Uttar Pradesh.
- His father Harivansh Rai Bachchan was a well-known Awadhi dialect-Hindi Poet while his mother Teji Bachchan was a Sikh.
- He was initially named as Inquilab inspired from a phrase “Inquilab zindabad” which translates to “Long Live The Revolution”. but his father changes his name to Amitabh which means “the light that will never die”.
- Amitabh Bachchan’s album order was Sherwood College, Nainital.
- He later attended Kirori Mal College, the University of Delhi for his graduation in Bachelor of Science.
- Amitabh’s real surname was Srivastava but his father replaced it with Bachchan which was his official sir-name.
- Big B has done playback singing in his various films, produced in various forms and is a television presenter ( Kaun Banega Crorepati).
- 1984: Padma Shri by the Government of India
- 2001: Padma Bhushan by the Government of India
- 2007: Knight of the Legion of Honour, France’s highest civilian honour from the Government of France
- 2015: Padma Vibhushan by the Government of India
- 1980: Awadh Samman by the Government of Uttar Pradesh
- 1994: Yash Bharti Award, Uttar Pradesh’s highest honour
- 2005: Deenanath Mangeshkar award
- 2013: President of India ‘Medallion of Honour’
National Film Award
- 1990: Best Actor for Agneepath
- 2005: Best Actor for Black
- 2009: Best Actor for Paa
- 2015: Best Actor for Piku
- 2002: Voted the “Hottest Male Vegetarian” by ‘People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals’ (PETA)
- 2008: Voted “Asia’s Sexiest Vegetarian man”
- 2012: Voted the “Hottest Male Vegetarian” for the fourth time by ‘People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals’ (PETA)