|Anil Kapoor Bio/Wiki|
|Full Name||Anil Kapoor|
|Also Known As||Lakkhan, Mr. India|
|Net Worth||$18 Million (120 crores)|
|Marital Status||Married(19 May 1984)|
|Height (approx)||in feet inches- 5’ 10”
in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
|Weight (approx)||in pounds- 154 lbs
in kilograms- 70 kg
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Born||24 December 1956|
|Address||31 Shrinagar, 7th Road, JVPD Scheme, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Painting, Gymming|
|School(s)||Our Lady of Perpetual Succour High School, Mumbai|
|College||St. Xavier's College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||12th Standard|
|Debut||Film: (Cameo role) Hamare Tumhare (1979)
(Lead Role) Woh Saat Din
|Tv Debut||24 (2010, Indian TV Series)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Madhuri Dixit (Actress)
Kimi Katkar (Actress)
Sunita Bhambhani Kapoor (Costume Designer)
|Wife||Sunita Bhambhani Kapoor|
|Parents||Father- Late Surinder Kapoor (Producer)
Mother- Nirmal Kapoor
|Siblings||Boney Kapoor (Elder brother & Producer)
Sanjay Kapoor (Younger brother, Actor)
Reena Kapoor (sister)
|Children||Sonam Kapoor (daughter & actress)
Harshvardhan Kapoor (son & actor),
Rhea Kapoor (daughter & film producer)
|Controversies||• After Abhay Deol expressed his frustration on 2010's film "Aisha," in front of the media, Anil Kapoor remarked "Abhay Deol needs help in every way" in Coffee with Karan as Anil Kapoor co-produced the film along with her daughter Rhea Kapoor.|
|Cars & Bikes|
BMW 7-Series 760 Li
W222 Mercedes Benz S-Class
|Song||"Jai Ho" from Slumdog Millionaire|
- Anil Kapoor is an Indian film actor, producer, and TV Personality and best known for his work in movies like Hamare Tumhare (1979), Vamsa Vruksham (1980), Pallavi Anu Pallavi (1983), Mashaal (1984), Tezaab (1988), Beta (1992), Meri Jang (1985), Karma (1986), Janbaaz (1986), Aap Ke Saath (1986), Mr. India (1987), Ghar Ho To Aisa (1990), Awaargi (1990), Benaam Badsha (1991), Virasat (1997), Taal (1999), Pukar (2000), No Entry (2005), Dil Dhadakne Do (2015) and many more.
- He is most widely recognized as “Lakkhan of Bollywood.”
- Anil Kapoor Hollywood Debut was in 2008’s movie “Slumdog Millionaire.”
- In Slumdog Millionaire, he played the role of a host for a TV show called Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.
- At the starting of his career, Anil Kapoor also did movies in Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam.
- Anil was awarded “Nata Kalaratna” by the govt. of Andhra Pradesh and “Awadh Samman” by the govt. of Uttar Pradesh.
- He was honored with the title of “Lalitha Kala Samrat” by the govt. of Andhra Pradesh.
- He has three siblings – Bonney Kapoor (Elder Brother), Sanjay Kapoor (Younger Brother) and a sister Reena Kapoor.
- In 2002, he produced his very first film called “Badhaai Ho Badhaai.”
- His third produced film “Gandhi My Father” in 2007 received critical acclaims and was awarded National Film Award for “Special Jury Award/Special Mention.”
- His first contribution to Indian Cinema as a playback singer in 1986 for the comedy flick “Chameli Ki Shaadi.”
- When Anil Kapoor was a teenager, his family used to live in Raj Kapoor’s garage. He used to work in the garage there to support his family. Later they moved to Chawl area in Mumbai.
- Before becoming a film producer, Anil Kapoor’s father used to work as a secretary for Shammi Kapoor.
- Very few people know that Anil Kapoor’s debut movie was supposed to be “Tu Payal Mein Geet,” but due to some undisclosed circumstances, the film was not released.
- Anil Kapoor married to Sunita Bhambhani Kapoor on 19th may 1984 and have three children – Sonam Kapoor and Rhea Kapoor and a son Harshvardhan Kapoor.
- For his superhit film, Mr. India which was released in 1987, the first actor to which the role went to was Amitabh Bachchan who wasn’t able to play the role. The role later went to Anil Kapoor and made him a superstar.
- For his role in Nayak – The Real Hero, he received seven months of rigorous Gym training.
- Anil Kapoor is the only actor who has played a role in all the three parts of the Race movie franchise.
- In Preity Zinta’s talk show, Anil Kapoor revealed that when he and his wife was not married, he first talked to his wife on the phone and immediately fell in love with her voice, after which they met and came close to each other.
- Anil Kapoor has a wax statue in Madame Tussauds in Singapore.
- Anil Kapoor was born on 24 December 1956 to Nirmal Kapoor and renowned film producer Surinder Kapoor in Chembur, Mumbai.
- He has three siblings, two brothers, and one sister.
- His alma mater was our lady of perpetual succour High School in Mumbai.
- He went to Saint Xavier’s College in 1984, but due to low attendance, he was dropped out of the university.
Government Of India Awards
1997: Honoured with”Nata Kalaratna” by the Government of Andhra Pradesh
2002: Awadh Samman by the Government of Uttar Pradesh
2011: Conferred with Lalitha Kala Samrat title by the Government of Andhra Pradesh
1985: Best Supporting Actor Award for Mashaal
1989: Best Actor Award for Tezaab
1993: Best Actor Award for Beta
1998: Critics Award for Best Actor for Virasat
2000: Best Supporting Actor Award for Taal
2016: Best Supporting Actor Award for Dil Dhadakne Do
National Film Awards
2001: Best Actor for Pukar
2008: Special Jury Award / Special Mention (Feature Film) for Gandhi, My Father
2010: Lifetime Achievement Award for AXN Action Awards
2016: Times of India Film Awards in category Best Supporting Actor Male for Dil Dhadakne Do
2018: Best Supporting Actor – Male for Mubarakan at Zee Cine Awards
Note: There may be other awards given to him aside from the awards shown here.