|Salman Khan Bio/Wiki|
|Full Name||Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan|
|Also Known As||Sallu, Dabangg|
|Profession||Actor, Producer, TV Host|
|Net Worth||$300 Million|
|Marital Status||Not Married|
|Height (approx)||in centimeters- 174 cm
in meters- 1.74 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Born||27 December 1965|
|Birthplace||Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Address||3, Galaxy Apartments, Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Road, Bandstand, Bandra (W), Mumbai – 400050|
|Hobbies||Swimming, Painting, Writing|
|School(s)||Scindia School, Gwalior
St. Stanislaus High School, Bandra, Mumbai
|College||St. Xavier's College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Drop Out|
|Debut||Biwi Ho To Aisi (supporting role) (1988)|
|Tv Debut||10 Ka Dum (2008)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Sangeeta Bijlani (actress)
Somy Ali (actress)
Aishwarya Rai (actress)
Katrina Kaif (actress)
Faria Alam (Former Model & Football Association Secretary)
Iulia Vantur (actress)
|Parents||Father- Salim Khan (Screenwriter)
Sushila Charak (birth name), Helen (stepmother)
|Siblings||Sohail Khan(younger brother)
Arbaaz Khan(younger brother)
Arpita Khan(younger Sister)
Alvira Khan(younger Sister)
|Controversies||• Blackbuck & Chinkara hunting case (1999): Salman & his co-stars of Hum Saath Saath Hain(Tabu and Saif-Ali-Khan and Neelam) were accused of hunting blackbuck deer & chinkara (endangered animals) while shooting in Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
• Hit-and-run case (2002): Salman drove his car over the people sleeping on the pavement outside a bakery at night. One person was killed, while three people were injured in this accident.
• Relationship with Aishwarya Rai (2002): Aishwarya's parents lodged a complaint against him for harassing their daughter. Later, he denied all the allegations imposed on him.
• Fight with Shah Rukh Khan (2008): Salman & Shah Rukh fought at Katrina Kaif's birthday party.
• On 5 April 2018, he was found guilty in the Blackbuck & Chinkara Killing Case and was sentenced to 5 years by the Jodhpur Court but on 8 April 2018, he was granted bail after spending two nights in Jodhpur jail.
|Cars & Bikes|
|Cars||Lexus LX 470
Range Rover Vogue
Mercedes Benz GL Class
|Bikes||Suzuki Intruder M1800 RZ, Suzuki Hayabusa|
|Color||Black, White, Grey|
|Sport||Swimming and Cricket|
- Salman Khan is an Indian film actor, producer, and Tv host and best known for his work in movies like Maine Pyaar Kiya (1989), Hum Aapke Hain Kaun! (1994), Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999), Karan Arjun (1995), Hum Saath Saath Hain (1999), Dabangg (2010), Bodygaurd (2011), Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015), Sultan (2016) and many more.
- He is the eldest son of the screenwriter Salim Khan with two younger brothers – Sohail Khan & Arbaaz Khan and two younger sisters – Arpita & Alvira.
- He and his two brothers are from his father Salim Khan’s first wife – Sushila Charak. His mother was a Hindu by birth that is why he says that he is both Muslim and Hindu and follows both the religion.
- Salman has a clothing brand called “Being Human” which is also a foundation for charity and non-profit organization.
- He has his own production house called Salman Khan Films (SKF).
- He has lawsuits filed against him for Blackbuck & Chinkara Poaching case (1999) and Hit and Run case(2002).
- He was born on 27 December 1965 in Indore, Madhya Pradesh but spent his childhood in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- His full name is Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan.
- Salman’s ancestors from his father’s side were Pathan from present-day Afghanistan who immigrated to Indore in Madhya Pradesh, India.
- Salman’s Alma Mater is St. Stanislaus High School, Bandra, Mumbai.
- He Attended St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai but dropped out.
- Filmfare Awards
1990: Best Male Debut for Maine Pyaar Kiya
1999: Best Supporting Actor for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- National Film Awards
2012: Best Children’s Film for Chillar Party
2016: Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment for Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- Other Awards
2008: Rajiv Gandhi Award for Outstanding Achievement in Entertainment
2013: Lions Favorite Philanthropic NGO in India for Being Human
2014: Times Celebex Awards – Star of the Year
2016: Times Of India Film Award For Best Actor for Bajrangi Bhaijaan
NOTE: There may be other awards given to him which are not written here.
Some Less Known Interesting Facts About Salman Khan
- He always wears a turquoise stone bracelet; he believes it is lucky for him. His father also wears the similar bracelet.
- Salman Khan became the only actor to collect over ₹5 billion (US$78 million) domestic net in a single year in India.
- According to the Forbes 2015 list: “Celebrity 100: The World’s Top-Paid Entertainers 2015”, Khan was the highest ranked Indian in 71st rank with earnings of $33.5 million.
- In addition to his acting career, Khan is a stage performer and an active humanitarian through his charity non-profit organization, Being Human.
- The leading role of film Baazigar was offered to Salman but he rejected it as he didn’t like to play a negative role. Later Shahrukh Khan took that role and the film was a huge hit.
- Salman suffers from a facial nerve disorder called trigeminal neuralgia or suicide disease.
- His father, Salim Khan, wanted him to become a Cricketer.
- While Salman Khan began his acting career with a supporting role in Biwi Ho To Aisi (1988).
- He made a breakthrough with a leading role in his next movie— Maine Pyar Kiya (1989).